Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs to help you decide how to best prepare for the 2017-18 school year!
- Our name is promoting 3 facets of our mission; STEM encompasses many fields of academic study, Prep is for our goal of prepping our children with the necessary life skills to be independent, and Academy is for raising the bar for your student's academic progress.
- We are a homeschool co-op with a Biblical worldview and a mission to prepare our children for success. We are unashamedly teaching the sciences from a Biblical worldview.
- S.T.E.M. is an acronym which encompasses many fields of study in the 4 main areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
- We are very focused on promoting success in life skills as well as academics. Our life skills classes have been created to fill a gap in our generation where children are not able to handle basic life skills such as cooking healthy meals or taking care of minor family needs without having to outsource someone else's services and spending their hard earned money on small tasks from hemming pants or recovering a chair cushion.
- What day of the week are classes?
- What time are classes?
- What are your class sizes?
- Our maximum is 10 students per coach.
- Where will classes be held?
- 121 Skeet Club Rd. High Point, NC 27265
- When can I Join/Register for Membership?
- You can join and become a member now.
- How do I sign my child up for classes?
- Once your family has joined/registered, you must submit an application along with an essay and letter of recommendation for each of your Middle and High school student(s). Preschool and Elementary students only need a letter of recommendation to apply. Once we have an opportunity to review your child's essay and recommendation letter, we will send you an invitation to apply.
- Why do I need to submit an essay and/or letter of recommendation?
- It is our goal to attract only the most interested students and families and to provide them with a safe, stimulating environment with a motivated, dedicated, and engaged community of students and coaches. Having students express their interest in our program and submit references concerning their academic discipline, behavior, and social skills helps us gauge which students will be the best fit for our program.
- We are asking parents to have an advisor, tutor or youth leader attest to their student's ability to engage and work within a structured environment.
- How much does it cost to Join/Register?
- To access our full Calendar, Field Trips, Mom's Night Out, Special Events, Career Days, Generous Discounts, STEM Fairs, and more it will cost your family $35 per semester/per family and is non-refundable.